This policy describes the practices of Grange Quarry Ltd for collecting, storing and using information about our customers including but not limited to personal data and financial data.
Grange Quarry Ltd is one of the largest suppliers of high-quality aggregates and ready mixed concrete in Dumfries and Galloway. In addition, the company also supplies concrete and aggregate testing services.
What information We May Collect
Information contained in tenders, invoices, purchase orders, sales contracts, service contracts, e-forms and other transactional documentation generated as part of the business relationship between us.
The customer’s name, address, industry, customer category, and the name, position, email address, and telephone number of the customer’s designated contact person.
Payment Information may include your bank account details, debit card details, credit card details, credit card type (i.e. Visa, Mastercard, American Express) and other information that is required to process the payment.
Personal Information is information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual, which may include but not limited to:
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- Email address
- The employer or company with which an individual is associated and his or her role and title
We record most of our incoming and outgoing telephone calls. We do this for quality and training purposes, and to help with managing complaints and investigations. If you would prefer not to be recorded, please contact us directly.
Call recordings are held for 6 months and then deleted. The management and storage of call recordings adheres to our data policy.
How we may collect information
We may collect information in a variety of ways. For example, we collect information that you provide to us, information that we collect through your use of our products or services, and information that we collect from publicly available sources or third parties.
We collect information you give us when you engage with us and/or use our products or services. For example, we may collect information when you interact with us, attend one of our stands at a trade show, make an enquiry, place an order or contact our customer service.
We may receive your information from other sources, such as credit reference agencies, public databases, internet, social media platforms (including from people with whom you are friends or are otherwise connected) and from other third parties.
How we may use information
We may use your information to:
- Complete and fulfil orders, and to communicate with you regarding your purchase and provide you with related customer service.
- Provide you with location-based services and content.
- Process payment related to our products and services.
- Send administrative or contractual information, for example, information regarding our terms and conditions of sale.
- Provide you with information about new products and services and to send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you for which you may opt-out at any time.
How we may disclose information
Except as described in this policy, we will not provide any of your Personal Information to any third parties without your consent. We may, however, share or disclose information that is anonymised, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you, with third parties.
We may also transfer and disclose your information to third parties to comply with a legal obligation including the following:
- To a related third party in the event of any reorganisation, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, Assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings);
- to additional recipients as agreed by you and us;
- an investigation by law enforcement, regulatory authorities or self-regulatory organisations;
- the protection of our assets or where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- other organisations in the case of investigating a breach of an agreement or contravention of law;
- for the detection, prevention and suppression of fraud and other criminal activity and other matters in the public interest;
- to recover Debt by passing any information held to our preferred Debt Collection agencies/Field Tracing Agents and Doorstop collection agencies to recover any monies that you have failed to pay our company;
- the protection of our employees, customers and others.
We may also use the information to:
- Conduct market research.
- Perform data analytics, audits, improve products, develop new products, identify usage trends and operate and expand our business activities.
- Validate effectiveness of recommendations, resolve complaints, and fulfil orders.
- Maximise the efficiency of operations and increase sales.
- Manage your account with us and generally keep our records up to date and to administer our relationship with you.
We have implemented reasonable organisational, technical and administrative measures designed to protect information within our organisation. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please immediately notify us.
Access, Change or Correct Personal Information
Subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law, you have a right to access and request correction of most personal data that we have about you. In some circumstances, it may not be possible for us to provide you with all your personal data. For instance, there may be instances where disclosing the requested information would impact the privacy of another individual. Where we cannot provide access to personal data held about you, we will tell you why.
If you think that any personal data we hold about you is inaccurate, you may contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the information is corrected. We may take steps to verify your identity before providing you access to your personal data.
If you send any request for access to or correction of your personal data, we will do our best to respond within a reasonable period after your request.
We will retain your Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
Grange Quarry use Google Analytics.